Nature India Policies and Guidelines
(PLEASE READ THIS COMPLETELY TILL THE END.....Very Important
(PLEASE READ THIS COMPLETELY TILL THE END.....Very Important
If you have any issues or seek clarifications regarding the above, then please revert back to us.
- Please note that "Nature India" strongly advocates nature first and there will not be any compromise on this what-so-ever. Preserving our natural wealth is our utmost responsibility and hence any acts or activities that may harm or disturb nature will not be entertained. Anyone found to violate this, will be promptly asked to discontinue with the trip at his / hers own risk.
- "Nature India" also respects and values the interests of the local folks and the guardians of forests, hence requests all the participants to co-operate with the local rules and help to retain the harmony. In the absence of any management authority, use good judgement and treat the wildlife, plants and places as if you were their guest.
- You have CHOSEN to participate in a group, so you will HAVE to follow the group rules….No one is an exception. During the tour, the decisions and instructions taken by the group leader shall be considered final and binding on all the participants. In the event, any of the participant(s) disobing the instructions of the group leader, the participant(s) shall be solely liable for the risks, responsibilities and consequences. Nature India reserves the rights of admission or rejection to anyone on any trips.
- Consumption or possession of Alcohol, Tobacco products or Narcotic substances is Strictly Prohibited during all Nature India tours…..Please co-operate.
- Such trips are subjected to various parameters. We advise participants to pack only curiosity and leave expectations at home….. Nature India never takes Guarantee of any sightings..... and that’s the very essence of such Nature trips :-)
- Nature India trips are always focused on and are serious Wildlife trips and we usually do not have space for any other activities like shopping, sight-seeing or adventure, unless and until specified…. These trips are ideal for those who travel to learn, grow, enjoy and respect nature.
- In case of any cancellations, the advance amount is non-refundable….however, if we get a replacement (or if the cancelled person provides a replacement after our approval), then Nature India shows the courtesy to refund back even the non-refundable amount. Kindly refer our “Payment terms & conditions”.
- The trip charges mentioned are for Indian Nationals only. Foreign nationals & NRIs will have to pay extra charges wherever applicable.
- Nature India will not be responsible for any delays or alterations in program or expenses incurred due to flight cancellations, strikes, vehicle breakdown, sickness, weather, war, civil unrest or disputes and any accidents.
- The tour itinerary is planned with utmost care and caution and we usually stick to the plan….. But Nature India reserves all the rights to modify / postpone /cancel the tour plan if required due to factors beyond our control, without informing the participants…. and shall not be liable to refund booking charges in such a case. However, we try our best not to compromise on the overall agenda.
- Female participants: Absolutely, feel free to bring to our notice if you feel any inappropriate behaviour from anyone or if you feel in-secure at any moment. Have faith on us to take appropriate actions. Your complaints / requests in this regard will be kept secret as you wish. Please do not hesitate to inform us.
- While we respect and appreciate individual suggestions for any changes (if possible) and though are quite flexible, we have to first access its impact on our budget, before implementing it.
- Such trips are subject to various parameters. We advise participants "to pack only curiosity and leave expectations at home"…..….. Nature India never takes Guarantee of any sightings.....and that’s the very essence of such wildlife trips :-)
- Medical Costs – In case there are any mishaps, Nature India is not responsible for the medical costs other than initial first aid and transport to the nearest available medical facility from site wherever possible. Personal medications are expected to be carried by the respective participants. But carrying band-aids, painkillers, and some general first aid is always advisable. In case of serious medical history, the participant should inform Nature India at the time of registration for the trip. Nature Indiareserves the right to deny registration to the participant if found him/her physically or medically unfit for the trip.
- Do not carry any un-necessary valuables…. Nature India will not be responsible for any loss, damage or theft of any personal belongings or equipments and no claims of the participants, parents, guardians, relatives or friends of participants will be entertained. We advice the participants to be careful if carrying valuable things with them during the journey and take care personally. It is also advisable to lock your bags before leaving the rooms and so, if possible carry extra locks for your bags.
- Nature India advocates eco-friendly practices… we advise to carry extra bags to carry your own garbage to be disposed off appropriately. Throwing garbage and littering in trails is not allowed. We encourage eco-friendly habits…. Do not waste water, electricity, food. The wilderness is very fragile and it is our responsibility to see that we leave a minimum impact during our trips.
- Any issues regarding the logistics, anyone’s misbehavior or forest rules should be brought to the notice of Nature India first ….. Do not confront the hotel management, individual, forest dept etc.. In such cases the decision taken by the group leader shall be considered final and binding.
- Please appreciate that such wildlife/birding trips are completely different from the general fun trips or picnics. There are certain ethics and discipline that has to be followed strictly. Please co-operate & be patient if you have any issue, and bring that to the notice of respective group leader first.
- You will need to get up very early in the mornings and follow strictly, the group leader’s instructions regarding time, so as not to inconvenience the whole group because of one person. We have very limited time with us and we all need to ensure that we maximize our stay.
- Please remain in contact with the group or group leader all the time and don’t stray far away…. Respect the time of others. During the walking trail, please ensure that you have been briefed about the route that is planned and kindly follow the same without deviation. You should never be out of sight of the team leader and inform him/her if you are lagging behind. Remember, your safety is not just our responsibility, but also equally yours.
- Be a good role model, both as a photographer and as a birder/nature-enthusiasts /photographer……… be courteous, polite & educate others by your actions and help, share & enhance their understanding…. infact, Such trips are a wonderful opportunity to make friends of common wildlife / photography interests.
- While on Trail, Please be with the group/together. Photographers are requested to allow the other members to observe the creatures / birds first before rushing to take images…..Please follow the group leader’s advice. We do not have exclusive photography tours, unless specified and hence the priority is to see than to photograph. However, we do observe fair opportunities for all (the birders, Nature enthusiasts & photographers).
- The Stay, Food and other logistics are arranged as per the budget, but without compromising on cleanliness, hygiene and comfortability…..local delicacies are always given a preference and the food is unlimited. Any complaints regarding the stay, food or travel should be brought to the notice of the group leader only. Mineral water and refreshments will be provided on board during travel ONLY where-ever possible. It is advisable to personally carry some dry snacks and ensure you have enough water to drink during the trail.
- The general facilities in such Nature places are very basic. Do not expect to get special requirements like "Black tea/ coffee" or "Tea without sugar" or "early morning bed tea" or "a-la-carte meals".....we do try our best to make it available, however, remember, that we may lose some precious time due to this and it also sets a precedent for others demands.
- Please ensure that you carry the appropriate cloths and footwears as per the region and season. We request to wear only camouflaging / earth coloured cloths when in a Nature trip, avoid using bright cloths and objects as it can distract birds and animals. It is also advisable to carry a torch, cap, notebook, band aids, extra t-shirt at all times.
- All the participants will be given a docket containing
- The Checklist of birds of the region where the trip is arranged
- History / Information of the place
- Detailed tour Itinerary
- Nature India Policies & guidelines
- Where-ever jeeps are arranged as local transport …...In the front seat, ONLY the driver / Guide will be seated.....Kindly all (including the photographers) make note of this ......your co-operation in this matter is requested.
- In some protected reserves no one is allowed to step out of vehicles during safari’s….this is a rule followed strictly all over India in all Tiger reserves….. Nature India strongly advocates the rules set by the Forest Dept., hence we will not mediate in case anyone violates the rules. It is our responsibility to act sensibly and guide others to maintain responsible tourism.
- During safaris, kindly maintain silence and avoid any sudden movements when you see birds or mammals…. You might startle them and people in the jeep may lose the chance of its sighting. Have patience….you will get to see more together….. And remember all the participants respect equal chance to see the mammal / bird.
- The main focus on these trips would be on Bio-diversity and not on some specific creatures…. Also, please note that these are not an exclusive photography trips unless specified. We encourage Biodiversity observation and information.
- Prepare yourself and your equipment for unexpected events--avoid exposing yourself and others to preventable mishaps. Act as per your individual expertise and responsibilities.
- Nest Photography is discouraged on Nature India trips to avoid disturbance & to respect the privacy of birds. It is well observed and documented that spending time near nesting, may disturb the birds and can put their life at risk. Similarly collection of any specimens (plants, insects, reptiles, amphibians, wood, fossils, used nests) or any other objects is also not allowed on any Nature India trips.
- Nature India does not carry any insurance liability. If you intend to, then please get insurance cover prior to commencement of the tour.
- Kindly note that though utmost precautions will be taken, "Nature India" will not be responsible for any liabilities. Each one comes at his / hers own risk and responsibility...
You will appreciate that this long list of Rules and Policies are the Basis of Nature India tours and are extremely important not just to achieve a common wavelength amongst the participants, but also for a responsible Eco-tourism for which we are strongly committed.....We also believe, eco-tourism, if done sensitively, is part of the solution to the many conservation related challenges we face today !!